I want to collaborate with people in various ways, because I think working on a shared project is one of the coolest ways to get to know people.
Here are some people I’m currently actively looking to work with:
- music producers: someone to turn the songs I write into tracks. I’m a good songwriter and singer and multi-instrumentalist and even sometimes arranger but I’m like 2/10 at ProTools or whatever. In my ideal world this is not me paying you but us working together excitedly as a duo, sharing rights & profits to the completed track.
- entrepreneurs: I like and am skilled at doing high-level product design (particularly using metaphor) and business model design, and I’ve helped various people get way more clarity about the sort of business or app they want to create. I think I’m the godfather of the #roamcult.
- publishers etc: I have some well-regarded original takes on topics like habits, motivation, productivity, and I’d love the chance to get some of those published in popular outlets. This is the main item here I expect to make me any money in the immediate term, because they all relate to the philosophy of Complice, the app I built, so part of my aim would be spreading the word about Complice.
- …assistant+mentee: not sure what this would be but basically if you think my work is super cool and thus it seems like a good deal to take on 3-10 hours per week of helping me with random stuff, for fairly little money since I’m not yet rich, let me know and we’ll find a small project to start with to see if that might be a good fit.
I’ve written about my collaboration philosophy in A Collaborative Self-Energizing Meta-Team Vision. If you read that and you’re like “omg I want that 🤩” then feel free to get in touch about your ideas even if you’re not sure what specific projects might be a good fit for the two of us.
Things I’m not interested in:
- guest posts: this blog is malcolmocean.com. it’s me. if I want your writing on it, I’ll ask you.
- marketing deals / promotions: I did one of these ever for shits & giggles and it got me some shits & giggles but it’s completely not the point of this blog. this blog is for sharing my writing, not making money off of irrelevant or tangential product placement.
- generica: if you are sending essentially the same cold email to multiple people, I do not want to be one of those people.
Connect with me on Twitter or Email.